We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details. We have 8 weeks to consider your complaint. If we have not resolved it within this time you may complain to the Legal Ombudsman. If you contact the Legal Ombudsman directly, they may require you to follow our internal complaints procedure first.
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within 5 working days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure. (If not already supplied)
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our Senior Partner, Bart Leach, who will review your matter file and speak to the fee earner who acted for you. Mr Leach will also contact you for further details if necessary.
- Mr Leach will then send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 working days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for a second Partner, Paul Owen, to review the decision.
- Mr Owen will write to you within 14 working days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman about your complaint. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman (legalombudsman.org.uk.) within 6 months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or within 6 years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or if outside of this period, within 3 years of when you should reasonably have been aware of it). For further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at email@example.com.
PO Box 6806